Thursday, June 7, 2007

Day -6: A Haiku

My students are finishing up their poetry books (finally!), and one boy wrote this haiku:

The moon is shiny.
It looks like the letter "C."
It may taste like cheese.

***

I found out that Wilfredo didn't go on our field trip to the park yesterday because he didn't have food to bring for lunch! I talked with him and explained he should never, ever not go on a field trip because he can't bring lunch and that I can order a free lunch from the cafeteria for him. But still ... I feel sad for him. He found out that there was a party and that there would have been plenty of food for him, so he started off the the day a little bummed out. He's so resilient, though. By 9:00 he said, "We're a great team!" when he and his partner found lots of prepositional phrases in our little Prepositional Phrase Hunt. Our school district continues to provide free breakfast and lunch to families during the summer, which really helps out people like Wilfredo. I wonder what he did eat for lunch yesterday.

No comments: